Do you wish to turn your hair from looking drab to simply fab? If so, then we have a host of hair mask recipes that will bring the luster back to your hair.
A good hair care routine includes a hair mask treatment every week. These hair masks can be easily prepared at home and save you a lot of effort in taking care of your hair.
Let us discover the top 5 homemade masks for healthy and shining hair-
1) Coconut and Curry leaves Hair Mask:
3-4 tablespoons coconut oil and 8-10 curry leaves (fresh).
- Heat the coconut oil and fry the curry leaves.
- Let the oil cool down and filter out the curry leaves.
- Apply the lukewarm oil to your scalp and rest of the hair.
- After 20-30 minutes, wash off your hair with a mild shampoo.
- Apply twice a week.
- Nourishes your hair
- Coconut oil deeply moisturizes your hair
Beta carotene and proteins of curry leaves helps reduce hair fall
2) Avocado Hair Mask:
1 avocado (ripe), 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 tablespoon almond oil and ½ cup milk.
- Put all the ingredients in a blender and get a smooth paste.
- Apply this mixture to the scalp and hair.
- After 15-20 minutes, wash it off with cold water.
- Apply twice a week.
- Olive oil and almond oil deeply moisturize your hair.
- Omega 3 fatty acids of avocado help reduce spilt end and hair breakage.
- Helps in reducing frizziness of hair
3) Banana Hair Mask:
2 medium bananas (ripe), 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 tablespoon coconut oil and 1 tablespoon honey.
- Put all the ingredients together and blend them to get a smooth paste.
- Apply the mixture to your hair and scalp.
- Keep the mask on for 15-20 minutes and rinse it off with lukewarm water.
- Apply the mask once a week.
- Banana is rich in potassium and anti oxidants that prevents hair fall.
- It helps reduce dandruff and moisturizes your hair
- It softens your hair and adds shine to it.
4) Aloe Vera Hair Mask:
3-4 tablespoon aloe vera gel (fresh), 2 tablespoon yoghurt, 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1 tablespoon honey.
- Mix all the ingredients well and massage it on your scalp and hair.
- Keep it on for 25-30 minutes and wash it off with a mild shampoo.
- Apply it once a week.
- The aloe vera gel adds luster to your hair.
- The olive oil and honey deeply moisturize your hair.
- The yoghurt and aloe vera softens your hair and removes dandruff.
Make sure you include these hair masks to your hair care routine. The natural ingredients provide the much-needed nourishment and nutrients to your hair.
These homemade hair masks make your hair shine with great health and help combat any damage to your hair.