If you love putting on makeup but find cleaning your makeup brush quite a task, then read on. While it may seem like a tedious task to clean up makeup brush regularly, its benefits are tremendous and the effort that you put in keeping them clean is well worth it.
Let us explore the 7 essential reasons why you should clean your makeup brushes often:
Avoids bacteria build-up:
- If left uncleaned, the makeup brushes have a build-up of bacteria. The bacterial build-up has the potential of causing infection to your skin when these brushes are used.
- Acne or pimples flare-up on your face is quite common when you use makeup brushes without cleaning them properly.
- To prevent this make sure you make it a part of your routine to clean up the makeup brushes after use on a regular basis.
Stops oil and dead skin accumulation:
- Overtime oil from your face and dead skin cells tend to stick to your makeup brush after use. When you leave them uncleaned, these tend to clog your facial pores.
- Clogging may lead to the appearance of whiteheads, blackheads or acne on your face.
- Hence it is crucial to clean up you’re makeup arsenal to prevent such a condition and keep your skin healthy.
- If you want to apply makeup in a better way, then make sure they are cleaned up properly.
- Dirty makeup brushes tend to make the best of makeup products look patchy and uneven when applied on your skin.
- When the brushes are clean, the application of makeup is very smooth. This is because the bristles of the brush spread the makeup quite evenly and the strokes feel much softer.
Keeps the bristles soft:
- When the makeup brushes are used without cleaning them, you tend to apply more pressure on your skin to spread the makeup evenly. It may cause skin irritation.
- On the other hand, when the brushes are clean, the brush strokes are smooth and soft. This prevents your skin from feeling irritated.
- Applying makeup, in this case, will be an enjoyable experience for you. So cleaning them up even if you are dead tired is a good idea, isn’t it?
Brushes last long:
- When you clean up the makeup brushes on a regular basis, their bristles are more likely to last for a long period of time than otherwise.
- This means you can use your favorite brushes without having to replace them quickly. It sounds like a good idea, isn’t it?
Prevents transfer of infection:
- Sometimes you may have to share your makeup brushes with your family or friends. In this case, it becomes vital to clean up your brushes before you use them yourself.
- This prevents any transfer of oil, bacteria or dead skin from one person to another. Hygiene is a must when makeup brushes are being used by more than one person.
Proves to be pocket-friendly:
- When you follow a cleanliness routine for your makeup brushes regularly, it elongates their life and retains their quality.
- The bristles are not damaged or stuck up with each other. They are soft and easy to use for a long time.
- This is good for your pocket as you don’t have to buy new makeup brushes soon. Hence cleaning makeup brushes is a good investment that is pocket-friendly in the long run.
If you have any other reason for cleaning up our makeup brushes, then do share them with us below!
– Shalini Attre