Winters are here and the dry weather takes a toll on your skin. It is quite essential to take good care of your skin in winter weather to keep it soft, healthy and rejuvenated.
Here are 10 essential skin care tips for the winter season:
1. Cleanse it well:
- In the morning make sure that you cleanse your skin well. Take a good lotion-based cleanser and massage it nicely on your face.
- Clean it up with a soft tissue. Winter season is a good time to deeply cleanse your face.
- Alternately, you can use oil for cleaning purposes too.
- This will keep your skin well moisturized and soft and keep dryness at bay.
2.Wash it up thoroughly:
- Use a non-drying face wash according to your skin type. It will clean up your skin well without drying it out.
- It will remove the excess of oil from your skin and keep pimples and acne away. At night time, use neem and/or tea tree oil-based face wash to keep your skin free from blemishes.
- Dry your face after washing it with a soft towel gently. Your skin will look and feel clean and clear with this routine.
3. Freshen it up:
- Spray your face with rose water. It will instantly freshen up your skin.
- It will keep your skin well hydrated and soft.
4. Apply serum:
- Dab a few drops of serum on the face well. Pat, it nicely all over your face.
- Use a light serum in the daytime instead of oil. It will not make your face look oily.
- It will keep your skin soft, supple and well moisturized during the dry and windy winter.
5. Moisturize amply:
- Apply a moisturizer of medium consistency on your face during the day. You may have to step out during the day time and heavy moisturizer may attract dust to your skin.
- At night, use a heavy moisturizer on your face, unless you have oily skin. It will help in rejuvenating your skin overnight in winters.
6. Shield your lips:
- During the daytime, apply a good quality lip balm at all times. It will protect your lips from drying up in winter weather.
- Your lip will look soft and supple with lip balm.
- At night you may use glycerin or homemade ghee to keep your lips moisturized overnight.
7. Remove makeup well:
- Removing makeup in winters may leave you with dry skin.
- To prevent this from happening, take makeup remover on a tissue towel and add a few drops of organic coconut oil to it.
- Now use it to take makeup off your face. It will remove the makeup effortlessly and keep your skin supple at the same time.
- Alternatively, you may use olive oil in place of coconut oil for the same effect.
8. Scrub it off:
- Use a light face scrub on your face twice a week. It will keep your skin fresh and free from grime in winters. Follow it up with a face pack and a toner.
- You may scrub your lips as well with a lip scrub to remove dead skin.
9. Use face oil:
- At bedtime use, 2-3 drops of face oil followed with a moisturizer that suits your skin well.
- It will help renew your skin overnight and give you a nice glow in the morning.
10. Almond oil for skin lightening:
- Apply almond oil under your eyes at bedtime to lighten up the dark circles, if you have any.
- Put these easy tips to use in winters and bid goodbye to winter blues!